Hannah's Fund was launched on 19th October 2016 and became a charity on November 21st 2017. It was set up in memory of Hannah who often talked of the lack of emotional support for youngsters like herself and the families around these young people.
The purpose of the charity is:
'To provide the relief of suffering and the preservation of good health of children, young people and adults affected by craniofacial conditions. We do this by providing financial support to enable access to psychotherapy sessions to help deal with any psychological issues connected with the conditions'. This is achieved by working with Psychology Associates to provide free psychotherapy sessions to any person with or affected by Craniosynostosis who feels they need some support.
You can find our referral form here
Please read the criteria for applicants below before returning the form.
Our aim is always to achieve the following:
1. Hannahs Fund will provide support for any person affected by Craniosynostosis or other facial disfigurement.
2. Any age will be considered but priority will be given to the 11 to 21 age group (as this was very important to Hannah)
3. Hannahs Fund will endeavour to always continue support to current clients where the priority need is linked to Craniosynostosis.
4. HF will also provide support to people affected by being a relative or within the peer group of the individual with disfigurement.
5. The service is nationwide but will depend on the availability of a psychotherapist.
4. No financial assessment will be required. The cost of the psychotherapy sessions will be covered by HF. No other costs can be covered (eg travel).
5. The psychotherapy sessions will NOT be limited, however after 8 sessions a review will need to take place. If for any reason we have more people seeking support than we can fund the ordered criteria above will apply.
Please note we are a small charity with limited funds but with our fundraising we are continuing to grow and hope to always be able to offer support to applicants matching our criteria.
The referral form can either be emailed to email@example.com
or posted to
41-43 Lower Fore Street, Saltash, PL12 6JQ
Trustee information can be found here.
You can read an account from Sally, a woman who has lived with Crouzons all her life by clicking here.
Sally has been inspired to write a story about how Hannah's Fund would have benefitted her if it was around when she was a child and what Hannah's Fund will mean to those with cranio facial conditions.
If you would like to donate to Hannah's Fund please do so by our GoFundMe page
Fundraising efforts to date can be seen here
Please see the Facebook page for other information about this fund.